Experience 3 - 6 years
Role Other Engineering
Qbiz is seeking highly skilled individuals with strong business and technical know-how for our San Francisco office. This role combines a data-driven methodology and expertise with an eye for spotting new approaches and opportunities. If you are a “hacker” who loves data discovery and communication this role is for you!
In typical engagements you will work at the customer site in a mixed team of Qbiz and customer personnel, collaborating to make an impact on the customer analytics and reporting.
As a Data Scientist at Qbiz, you will:
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership to assist clients in transforming their business through innovative data analytics and insights.
- Mine and analyze the data using state-of-the-art methods.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Complement company’s data with third party sources of information if/when needed.
- Process, cleanse, and confirm the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Select features, build and optimize models using machine learning techniques.
- Develop client’s A/B testing framework and test models quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Learn about market-leading and new technologies, and put your learning into practice on live data.
- Develop best practices to be used across a wide range of clients, domains and types of data.
- Get the variety of projects you need to keep your high level of excitement going.
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc., and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience with statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one additional modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java…)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Data-oriented personality
- A positive attitude working with a variety of clients, excellent presentation skills.
- A demonstrated hunger for and history of continuously expanding your own knowledge and expertise
- Experience as a consultant
- Professional experience in two or more verticals: finance, e-commerce, health, high-tech…
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Exposure to designing, training, implementing and leveraging machine learning and AI algorithms in a business setting
- Willingness to travel