Experience 3 - 6 years
Role Other Engineering
Qbiz is seeking highly skilled individuals with strong business and technical know-how for our San Francisco office. This role combines a data-driven methodology and expertise with an eye for spotting new approaches and opportunities. If you are a “hacker” who loves data discovery and communication this role is for you!
In typical engagements you will work at the customer site in a mixed team of Qbiz and customer personnel, collaborating to make an impact on the customer analytics and reporting.
As an Analytics Engineer at Qbiz, you will:
- Build full analytics applications, wowing customers with the advanced custom data visualizations you will design and create using proven or cutting-edge technologies.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership to assist clients in transforming their business through innovative data analytics and insights.
- Exert thought leadership and tool mastery to quickly deliver more than just reports and dashboards: intuitive, impactful and actionable applications that drive the customer’s business.
- Learn about market-leading and new technologies, and put your learning into practice on live data.
- Develop best practices to be used across a wide range of clients, domains and types of data.
- Get the variety of projects you need to keep your high level of excitement going.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience designing and building full analytical solutions
- Proficiency in SQL and at least one additional modern programming language (Python, Scala, Java…)
- Hands-on professional experience with two or more leading BI tools: Tableau, Looker, Domo, Chartio, Power BI, AWS QuickSight, Apache Superset, Microstrategy, Qlik, Spotfire etc.
- Ability and desire to produce intuitive, well-crafted, beautiful and well-documented deliverables
- A positive attitude working with a variety of clients, excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately with various stakeholders, from C-level executives to technical team members
- A demonstrated hunger for and history of continuously expanding your own knowledge and expertise
- Experience as a consultant
- Professional experience in two or more verticals: finance, e-commerce, health, high-tech…
- Data modeling experience
- Experience with D3, Highcharts, AngularJS, Plotly, ZingCharts
- Exposure to all components of the RDBMS or big data ecosystems, Hadoop/Hive, data pipelines, real-time ingestions, data lakes and warehouses, database and query optimization, etc.
- Willingness to travel